Debbie McGee ‘heartbroken’ for Giovanni Pernice among Strictly Axe
2 mins read

Debbie McGee ‘heartbroken’ for Giovanni Pernice among Strictly Axe

Debbie McGee has shared the news that Giovanni Pernice will not be returning to Strictly this year.

On Monday, the BBC announced its Strictly pro dancers line-up for 2024. Following recent allegations about his training methods and behavior towards celebrity partners, Giovanni was left out of the line-up.

Many fans are disgusted and have even threatened to boycott Strictly. Now Giovanni’s 2017 celebrity co-star Debbie has expressed her “heartbreak.”

Debbie McGee and Giovanni Pernice are smiling
Debbie expressed her “heartbreak” for Giovanni (Source: SplashNews.com)

Giovanni Pernice and Debbie McGee

On her X and Instagram accounts, Debbie said: “I have a broken heart@pernicegiovann1.

“My memories of Strictly will always be happy and life-changing. He supported me through my grief and gave me the confidence to do things I thought were beyond me.”

Fans shared their thoughts in the comments. One person said: “It’s sad he’s not here this year. He’s my favorite professional.”

Another wrote: “Nice to see someone adding balance to what has been reported so far.”

Giovanni Pernice on Strictly.
Giovanni denied the claims about his behavior (Source: BBC)

Someone else commented: “Great post, Debbie. Thank you for always supporting Gio.”

Giovanni recently responded to allegations about his behavior on Strictly. This comes after reports that his 2023 dance partner Amanda Abbington developed post-traumatic stress disorder due to her time on the show.

Meanwhile, some of his other partners also had problems with his training methods. The BBC launched an investigation into the claims.

In a statement in May, the Italian dancer said: “You will be as surprised as I am that allegations about my dance teaching methods appeared in the media this week.

Amanda Abbington and Giovanni Pernice on Strictly.
Amanda reportedly developed post-traumatic stress disorder after appearing on Strictly (Source: BBC)

Statement by Giovanni Pernice

“I obviously reject any suggestion of abusive or threatening behavior and look forward to clearing my name.”

He added: “I have always tried to help them be the best dancers they can be. It always came from a place of love and the will to win – both for me and my dance partners.”

Read more: BBC reacts harshly to Giovanni Pernice’s departure from ‘Strictly’ group: ‘Shame on you – huge mistake!’

YouTube video player

So what do you think? Let us know on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix.